Beware "iCloud Breach" Phone Scam

I have a Panasonic LL and didn’t realize it had this feature. Thanks so much for this tip!

MMTalker, it may depend on the model. I have a KX-TGF383 base unit with KX-TGFA30 handsets. Both have a “Call Block” button on them.

I wasn’t as smart as you when we last got new LL phones! Not sure we had as many of these robo/SPAM calls back then anyway!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

I used to do this, but now I find it faster and simpler to simply block the number without adding it to a contact. And I have a zero tolerance rule, if you call and I don’t have your number in my contacts and you do not leave a message, you get blocked. If you are a recording, you probably get blocked.

Sorry to be so late to this. I’m sure the spammers have figured out how to spoof their phone number. I regularly get calls from 415-515.xxxx, where xxxx is random I’m sure. (415-515 is a group of Verizon cell phones, like mine.) So blocking those numbers is futile, because they don’t recur.

Hiya does a pretty good job of it. But setting your default ringtone to silent and then setting custom ringtones for your contacts works really well.

I have Comcast Voice, which uses VOIP. They have some call blocking features, but they are confusing to use. So I use NoMoRobo. It blocks calls that don’t have a return name or number. They ring your phone once to catch the call. This enables me to see that it is working. Some days I get half-a-dozen of these calls or more. As annoying as the phony calls from Apple are the ones purporting to be from Windows support. At least those have a real person (in India), so you can call him a crook to his face. They don’t like this so they hang up immediately. Once in a while I’ll engage him in conversation, just for fun. They don’t like this either because I’m not listening to or buying his pitch.

Verizon just started offering Call Filter, its own free spam blocking service. It seems to work pretty well so far, but we’ve only had it for the last few weeks: