Apple Watch longevity

Me too…Series 5 bought at Christmas the year they were released, still at 85% of original for me (large) and about 78% for my wife with the smaller size so she’s turned off the always on feature to extend daily life as we charge overnight. We are considering upgrading…but because of the parts shortage and shipping delays we didn’t do either our watches or our iPhone XS models when they were released…and now that it’s January we might just wait until September to see what happens.

I purchased a Series 1 in 2017 on sale for $200. I was going to use it till it died. It. Wouldn’t. Die. I finally upgraded my phone in 2021 and got a Series 6 for $300. My 20 year old Seiko is still going strong. :roll_eyes: I did, however, sell the Series 1 for $50. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

re: my comment about becoming less responsive, in the middle of the night, the watch face wouldn’t dim, and then it crashed. Which bothered me enough to find out how to force restart it (fun at 3:15am). Since then, it’s been very snappy and talks nicely with my phone again.

I bought my first one in Oct 2015 then in Oct 2020 I had to replace it due to a swollen battery popped the face off of the body. The watch I bought in 2020 is a Series 5.

I buy the Milanese loop bands as non-metal bands cause my wrist to sweat and become sore.

No battery powered watch has lasted as long as the Seiko Chronograph I bought in the Tokyo airport duty-free store back in 1972. When the first  Watch failed I used the Seiko until I could get the Series 5.