Apple Releases macOS 10.15.1 Catalina, watchOS 6.1, and tvOS 13.2

Originally published at: https://tidbits.com/2019/10/29/apple-releases-macos-10-15-1-catalina-watchos-6-1-and-tvos-13-2/

Hot on the heels of iOS 13.2 and iPadOS 13.2, Apple has pushed out macOS 10.15.1 Catalina, watchOS 6.1 (with support for the Apple Watch Series 1 and Series 2, finally!), and tvOS 13.2. All three offer support for the new AirPods Pro and bring bug fixes.

The Noise Alerts “sound” great but only work for AW4 & AW5. A pity as I would have thought the AW3 has the necessary hardware.

That bug in Mail is the one thing keeping me from upgrading (loss of E-mail is something that Apple quality control should not tolerate). The fact that they are silent on it means that they either don’t know, or don’t think it is a priority — which is very un-Apple-like. Thank you for the excellent reporting (and advice) on this.

I regret upgrading to iOS 13, and iOS 13.2 has only increased the amount of issues I have, on an iPhone XS, without seeming to have solved any.

After the 13 upgrade, MS Outlook randomly locks up. I can quit it and restart it, but it will never recover. I have to restart the phone to make it work again.

Since I upgraded to 13.2, the Twitter app is awful. It just grinds to a halt, slow scrolling, jerky, unsmooth navigation, 5 second tap responses, etc.

However, my upgrade to Catalina was flawless, and I’ve got zero complaints about it.

I haven’t used Apple’s Mail.app on either platform for years. I use Airmail for personal mail, and Outlook for my work.

I’m having the oddest experience with Catalina 10.15.1 since upgrading. The cursor regularly leaves the application I have open and goes to the Finder without me touching the keyboard or the trackpad on my MacBook Pro. Is this happening to anyone else, and can anyone offer a solution?

Almost always indicates a swollen battery that puts pressure on the trackpad. Take it to Apple authorized technician for evaluation.

-Al-

1 Like

I hear about MacBook Pro battery swelling problems regularly, so I’d second @alvarnell’s advice. The 10.15.1 update was probably just coincidental in time.