Apple Platform Security Guide Reveals Focus on Vertical Integration

Originally published at: Apple Platform Security Guide Reveals Focus on Vertical Integration - TidBITS

With the latest release of the comprehensive Apple Platform Security guide, Apple has increased the guide’s scope and technical depth while revealing just how completely security has been integrated into the Apple ecosystem. Security Editor Rich Mogull takes a closer look at what vertical integration means for the present and future of Apple security.

2 Likes

Rich,

Thank you for the great overview that I can share with those less technical so that they can better understand the “why” of choosing the Apple ecosystem over a mixed bag of security (Windows, Android, etc.).

Cheers,
Jon

2 Likes

Thank you for your frank and simple explanations. This re-affirms and validates my extended family’s security. (Also, who is blowing it.) It’s very important to us.

Thank you for your review of the Apple Platform Security Guide. It’s going to be interesting how the monopoly breakers look at this tight vertical integration. Selfishly I want extreme security and do not care whether developers like Epic, governments, police agencies and hackers get frozen out of their games.