App Store Wars: Facebook vs. Apple, Publishers vs. Apple, Apple vs. Brave

Originally published at: App Store Wars: Facebook vs. Apple, Publishers vs. Apple, Apple vs. Brave - TidBITS

Josh Centers chronicles the latest battles revolving around the App Store, including Facebook joining Epic Games’ lawsuit against Apple, a group of big-name publishers signing on to the Coalition for App Fairness to pressure Apple and Google, and Apple making the Brave browser put its crypto wallet away.

Facebook just added two new chapters to its privacy saga…moving EU user data to the US to avoid the EU privacy laws:

They are also “temporarily” disabling some Messenger and Instagram features in the EU:

Apple has to keep pushing security and privacy. These two are my concerns as a private user as I do not want any overload on my time in managing spam, security settings, etc just to satisfy the business wants of freeloaders.

But Apple does have to sort out its store policies and practices as it seems to be making policy adjustments and readjustments on the run. It might have to reduce its profits to bring equality for developers and users and to reduce its exposure to the critics.