I know that among the things that @neil1 doesn’t like about 1Password version 8 (“1PWv8”) are:
- No option to host the encrypted vault anywhere besides their servers
- lack of a local backup and restore capability in the users control
- No non-subscription option
Others think that coding it in Electron is a problem.
@chirano posted this synopsis of (other) problems mentioned in the 1Password Mac forum, apparently during May of 2022:
- no “never suggest in browser” — with 1PW 7, you could hide rarely used items. 1PW 8 shows every matching entry
- no integration with 3rd party software like LaunchBar
- can’t disable autosubmit – if you autofill the login info, it’s also submitted. This behavior causes a problem with pages with captchas, for example.
- search behavior changed – the way you looked for items before may no longer work. For example, one user used to search for “vpn” to bring up the entry for “openvpn”. That no longer works in 1PW 8.
- quick search is a poor replacement for mini — for example, you can’t fill CC or name info using quick search.
Does anyone have criticisms of 1PWv8 beyond these?