What is the Most Desired Feature You Would Like to See in the Next Major Release of iOS?

I want an option that will download all emails in all accounts in Mail always. Would be ok if attachments were only fetched on demand…but if space allows put the compl content of all mailboxes on the iPad or iPhone. I can’t tell you how many search failures I’ve had on my iPad. I realize it will take up iPad storage space…but really not that much and iOS and iPadOS should let me see all of my mail.

1 Like

Because I use iCloud’s Desktop and Documents Folders on both Mac and iPhone, I would like iOS to recognize Mac-generated aliases.

Split screen

Or, indeed, backup to any arbitrary server supported by iOS file providers instead of just iCloud. But yes just getting back computer backups would be nice!

The other feature I really wish Apple would concede is push notifications support for mail/contacts/calendars with third-party servers. They could officially document their protocols and allow sysadmins to get the required APNS client certificates. But no, as of right now it’s a few select providers, or use Exchange ActiveSync, or rely on third-party and illicit implementations.

23 posts were split to a new topic: Solutions for screen and file sharing over the Internet

How could I forget to include one of the most annoying issues:

• Phone > Recents should open Info about that call by default, and not automatically dial the number with out a confirmation.

Any number is dialed instantly if your finger comes anywhere near it with out a confirmation. The interface can be touchy and trying to press the small info icon may result in an instant dialed call instead of providing information about that call.

4 Likes

And ditto for the home screen notification of a recent phone call. If I tap that, I want to see that call in the context of the list of recent calls, not call it back.

2 Likes

100%! The last thing that I want to do is return a spammer’s call!

The iOS Files app should allow you to update text files, like Dropbox does.

1 Like

+1000. I still maintain todo lists in text files and this would make a big difference. On the face of it this is obvious, and yet it’s also obviously not; why should plain text files be treated differently? And although absurd, there are plain text editors in the App Store that will do this (though I have yet to pick one).

1 Like

IOS and Mac: A button to turn off all notifications with one tap.
——Which would then allow me to selectively turn-on the five that I want.

Dave

P.S. I ask this not just for myself. In the past week I’ve seen five iPhone screens awash in clusters of notifications. I point that out and they say, “You can turn them off? Really? How?” i show them and they give up at the thought of going through 60 apps and services one by one to turn them off.

1 Like

Syncing between Mail/Calendar and Gmail/Google Calendar to finally be responsive and accurate. Give me a force sync button if all the fancy schmancy still doesn’t cut it.

On the subject of Notifications nonsense, why do lock screen notifications persist for days when you have viewed the source item in the app itself? (Phone recents/VM, Messages, Mail, etc.)

So my feature request would be to make Notifications work like one would expect 2023 software to be capable of. Linked and not requiring clearing the same item twice.

1 Like

I’d also like to see iOS Calendar (macOS too actually) finally support HTML in Google calendar events. How much longer shall we see garbage like

<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp

polluting in our calendar entries, not to mention obscuring relevant info like Zoom parameters, instead of the relevant entry details?

iOS/iPadOS - Multiple user accounts
macOS - eMail without bugs, odd rando behaviors, etc

1 Like