When it comes to downloading software, this is what I want:
- A list of software with a brief, accurate description of each program.
- A long list—longer than ten at a time, so I don’t have to click through many pages
- The ability to sort the list by:
b) Number of Downloads
c) possibly date of release
d) possibly by reviews (stars) if the reviews are reliable
e) possibly by type of program
- System requirements should be shown clearly and accurately.
- The download link should be obvious and easy to find. It should lead directly to the download and it should work.
- The information, such as the version number, should be accurate.
- The ability to open a link in a tab. I use tabs all the time.
The App Store fails on nearly every point.