Time to buy a scanner

@janesprando Yes. A frequent problem with this printer and its predecessor. I’ve tried cleaning using various techniques (using printer cleaning programs and mechanical); sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn’t. Usually helps for a while. We use our printer several times a week and we live in a moderately humid environment; so drying out shouldn’t be the issue. The reservoir where it self cleans seem to be very wet (I think that leads to occasional black streaks on printing). I’ve never figured out a pattern of the problem. On rereading, I’m not sure what your problem is? Biggest problem is incomplete printing in narrow streaks about 1" apart. And sometimes black streaks. But maybe you are describing extra ink in streaks.

@tidbits22 Greg, the streaking problem only occurs with colored prints. I run the various maintenance procedures and it doesn’t help. On a colored copy/print, I’ll get horizontal white or colored lines through the document. I printed a directory in black & white, but with alternating colored backgrounds and I got vertical white streaks through the whole document. I also use the printer several times a week and live in rainy Oregon. I bought Inkjet Cleaner Sheets from OfficeMax and it supposed to clean the feed rollers. When I have used the sheets, only black ink splotches appear on the sheet. (OfficeMax has discontinued carrying them!) And the color streaks continue.