Strange Mail Issue

I’m having a strange email issue and wonder if anybody has any ideas on it…it got rejected the first time since it had too many links in it.

The problem is that for the past month or so with mail from my wife. We have our own domain which our ISP maps to our original email accounts…she’s been forwarding mail or sending mail from her iPad (up to date) to me for years. I’ve checked the sending info on her iPad and all is as it should be.

The problem is that when she sends a new (or forwards a message) to me is this. It gets delivered right away…but then a couple hours later I get an email from the ISP about delayed mail…even though there is no outgoing message from me and the incoming from her already got delivered. The delay message has this error text.

<ff71201647100@push.boxcar.io>: connect to
buconero.boxcar.io[54.164.177.245]:25: Connection timed out
Reporting-MTA: dns; smtp-1.his.com
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 9423760737
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; btv1==160892fc624==neill@his.com
Arrival-Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 12:13:04 -0400 (EDT)
Final-Recipient: rfc822; ff7120.1647100@push.boxcar.io
Original-Recipient: rfc822;ff7120.1647100@push.boxcar.io
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; connect to buconero.boxcar.io[54.164.177.245]:25:
Connection timed out

When the time period for delay times out I then get a similar delivery failed message.

There are no forwards from my account to the push.boxcar.io stuff…and no outgoings as well.

I do have an email from back in 2011 from boxcar.io that says that is my custom forwarding address for boxcar notifications…but never signed up for a boxcar account and using the email address that 2011 email came from to try the “lost password” option says no such account. I’ll see if I can find out anything on the boxcar site help…but with no rules or filters setup for boxcar.io…and no outgoings to their notification service from my account I’m confused about why this is happening.

Anybody got any ideas? I gotta admit I’m confuzzled by this one.

This feels to me like something that only your ISP’s support is really going to be able to handle. It’s not a local problem to your Macs.

I’ve reformatted as code text and put the periods back; my suspicion is that if you’d done that (prefix each line with four spaces), it wouldn’t have complained about the links. Also posting complex stuff like this locally in the Web interface will likely be a better experience and get better results.

So a couple of things. Could the email she is using have been
changed (I know sometimes I start typing and it will bring up
someones old email and I don’t notice right away so she is
actually sending to boxcar or to both email addresses)

next when you get the connection timed out, if you can go to
your server and see if there is any email in the queue.