Remove Messages and Photos from iPad

One of my clients just purchased an iPad and will be using it partially for work. When we set it up we logged into their existing Apple account and all of their phone photos and messages synced over to the iPad. I’ve turned off photo sync but the photos are still there. Is there a way to turn messages and photos completely off on the iPad and remove what there without deleting them across devices? He doesn’t want anything on the phone showing up on the iPad.
Thanks
Diane

If I understand what you’re wanting, then deleting the Photos and Messages app will do the trick. Removing the apps on the iPad won’t delete the contents on the other devices.

Thanks! Photo sync was turned on on the phone, which I never do on my own phone. So I’m used to separate pix on my own phone and iPad.

I’ve turned notifications and sync off for both text and photos.

Deleting the apps now would remove everything off the iPad then? And I could reinstall the apps and as long as sync is off, nothing will come back?

Thanks!
Diane

I guess I misunderstood your intent. I was suggesting that if you have no need for these apps, delete them. If you reinstall them after, maybe they will sync again. I don’t know.

I don’t think you misunderstood, I do want to remove the pix and texts but without deleting them on the phone which was the main device. I think your idea will work but I am going to have to do a bit more research to be sure.

Thanks!
Diane