Problem with GraphicConverter

I have been using Graphicconverter for some time to add a white border around pictures where I can identify people in the photo. Tonight when I tried to add a border, instead of getting a white border, I’m getting a checkerboard border. Clearly I’ve changed a setting by mistake, but I have no idea which setting. Can someone point me in the right direction so I can get back to a plain old ordinary white border?

In the toolbar, toward the bottom, there is a selector for black/white/pattern. See if you changed that from solid black to pattern.

It sounds like you have added a transparent border. You may have set the background color to be transparent rather than white.

Turns out you were very close. I spent a good amount of time trying to figure out how to “untransparent” the border. I was able to change the pattern from checker board to plain white, but it was still transparent. After some more experimenting and finally trying a new photo, it seems as if the original picture is transparent, so anything I add to it becomes transparent. I tried my procedure on a different photo, and everything worked as it used to work. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Guess I’ll have to figure out something different for this one photo.

-----===== Bill =====-----

Use the fill tool in GC to fill the border with white… Or add a filled layer in white and move it to the background…