Podcast playlist

With iOS 11, the ability to play podcasts from a playlist created on my Mac seems to have been lost.

I put all my unplayed podcasts in a playlist which I sort by release date with the oldest at the top. This way when am driving a long distance I don’t get the same podcast source twice in a row. And, I don’t have to stop to make a change.

I would like to get this ability back even if I have to buy an app. I’ve looked at the TidBITs reviews and others but this function has not been mentioned as I recall.

If someone knows how, please let me know.

I use the Podcasts app to exactly the same thing.

The interface is quite confusing. Finding the earliest unplayed episode can be a challenge. It is very easy to unknowingly begin another episode.

I don’t remember the details of older iTunes and iOS, but I regret the changes that made it difficult for one to manage use of playlists.

PodCruncher might do it (from the TidBITs 2012 article). Depends on whether it properly Auto-Downloads, adds them to the Downloads playlist, plays them properly, and deletes them after being played. If it does, it will better by far than my old method. It does seem pretty intuitive to use for me. More testing will be needed which will take a few weeks.

Price is now $3US.

PodCruncher has indeed met all my needs and more. It’s almost a set it up and forget about anything but using it application. I should use it at least 6 months to fully test it under all conditions but I don’t want to wait that long.

Con: It appears to have problems with continuous playing from cast to cast, but I’m not sure since I rarely finish a cast all the way anyway. Pro: one push on the forward skip button moves ahead 20 seconds (adjustable) and works on the Himbox in my car as well as the LG Tone headphones. Holding it down skips the rest of the cast although I’ve only tested it on the headphones so far.