Passing of Lewis Butler

Sad to note that Lewis Butler has passed away. Known here as Kreme (and by many names on many forums), he was irascible, opinionated—and a good soul. I knew him from other forums, too, and he hadn’t posted here in a while. His list of causes to donate to in his name if you want to remember him is an admirable one, revealing of his generosity of spirit.

4 Likes

Very sad and only 54 - way too young.

1 Like

Sorry to hear of this @kreme was always a positive interesting contributor here.

1 Like

Sorry to see this. I’d noticed that he hadn’t been posting much in the last couple of years, which was a shame, because I found his posts very thoughtful and helpful.

1 Like

Really sorry to see this. I had noticed that he hadn’t posted here in awhile. His knowledgeable contributions on this list were many and I always made sure to read his replies, even in a thread I wasn’t already following.

Something else I remember is that his emails always had an interesting random quote with his signature. I’ve saved a number of his emails in my TidBits folder over the years, mostly on subjects like Eudora, IMAP vs. POP, and password strategies. This is the quote from his oldest email I had saved (Feb. 20, 2011), with the subject “Eudora Replacement”:

• A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it.
1 Like