Ordered the new iPhone 13 Pro after all

While I felt I could wait a year, and am a bit leery about the extra 30 g weight and square edges (though my iPad has the same square edges and it’s fine), and while I feel my iPhone X is “sufficient” for another year, this is what happened with my sister, Cathy.

1. She wanted to change to T-Mobile and reduce her monthly bill from $60-something to around $15.

2. The old iPhone 6 Plus I sent her like 5 years ago won’t work on the T-Mobile network.

3. She got an inexpensive iPhone SE 2020 to try, but seemed really discontent with the tinier screen and some other stuff. I suggested the iPhone 11, but that was already getting into a year’s worth of carrier savings.

4. She suggested if I wanted to upgrade to a new iPhone she could take my iPhone X hand-me-down. It’s unusual for her to ask for anything.

5. I still had just barely enough remaining on my gift cards to get an iPhone 13 Pro, so I ordered it, delivery expected in around 10 days, and she will return the iPhone SE 2020 to Apple, She has until January 8 to do that.

So we will both get upgrades, and she’ll save the money of not needing to purchase a new iPhone. And no actual cash was spent.

And I’ll get a new phone with lots of new camera features and 5G support, etc. I guess it will be fun to take macro photos and longer optical zoom photos and things like that.

2 Likes

Sometimes our decision making takes unusual turns. Glad that you and your sister will benefit.

I am interested in hearing what you think of the the iPhone 13 once you get it.