No Email Issue on 30 May 2022 for Memorial Day

Originally published at: No Email Issue on 30 May 2022 for Memorial Day - TidBITS

We’re taking a brief break from building an email issue of TidBITS next week in honor of the Memorial Day holiday in the United States, so look for the next issue in your mailbox on 6 June 2022.

1 Like

hope you have a good time out here in the Burnaby-Vancouver area. Weather has been iffy for the last month. Yesterday was beautiful. today (Memorial Monday) not so much. but no snow predicted, or violent wind storms.

Thanks! We lived in Seattle for 10 years and have visited Vancouver a few times back in the 1990s, so we know the drill for late-spring weather in that part of the world. We’re packing for cool and wet, but we’re really hoping the weather breaks a bit once we’re there since we don’t want to retreat indoors to the extent that we would in normal times. For our main tourist activity, Tristan and I are going to check out the via ferrata at Squamish. Tonya’s planning a good hike while we climb.

2 Likes

Enjoy the trip! Recently I went on a trip as well after a long while, and it was refreshing indeed.

1 Like

Enjoy, our niece and her partner have a job offer in BC, a long way from Dublin… but they are definitely curious.

We have travelled quite a bit in the past year, trips to London, Paris, Croatia, Italy, a college tour from Washington to Massachusetts and my wife is in Cannes at the moment. Like springs locked in a box, out we popped… N95s all the way and boosted, but still keeping distance and minding exposure times. That said we have noticed an ever smaller amount of people wearing them now both here and in Europe.

2 Likes