New iPad Pro Models Gain M2 Processor, Faster Wi-Fi, and Apple Pencil Hover

Originally published at: New iPad Pro Models Gain M2 Processor, Faster Wi-Fi, and Apple Pencil Hover - TidBITS

This year’s iPad Pro upgrades aren’t likely to change the iPad Pro experience in a significant way, but they bring a move to the M2 chip, faster Wi-Fi, and the new Apple Pencil hover feature.

1 Like

No announcement of an M2 Mac mini?

I was a little surprised (and disappointed) by this also. We cancelled an order for three Mac Minis last week when it was rumoured new ones might be announced.

We’ll wait and see if anything gets announced on October 24 when Ventura drops. I think M2 MMs are close and I’d prefer to get the newer chip.

I don’t have a crystal ball or even a Mark Gurman prediction, but I would expect the Mac mini, 14-inch MacBook Pro, and 16-inch MacBook Pro to be updated to M2 by the end of the year.

Any rumors on Apple updating the iMac? It was one of the first to go M1 but I haven’t seen anything about an M2 iMac. My 7 year old iMac is working fine using an external SSD as the boot drive, but I’m hoping to move on to the M2.

No, but I would also expect an update to the M2 before EOY.

Blackmagic Design has made an official announcement about DaVinci Resolve for iPad, and I’ve updated the article with a link to that.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/media/release/20221020-02

The M2 Macbook Air has 2 USB-C-ports, without being fat. Why can’t the iPad pro have 2 ports? It is no pro feature to mess around with dongles.

1 Like