New Apple Card Savings Account Offers 4.15% Interest

Yes. See View and update your Savings account information in Apple Wallet - Apple Support

For both Apple Card and now Apple Savings, I open the PDF and click the OFX files and save them to iCloud Drive by sharing them to the Files app on the phone. (Apple Card you can download statements but not transactions from a web page, but Apple Savings doesn’t yet have a web page.

1 Like

For the statement, I open it on the phone and then tap share to use Airdrop to send it to my Mac. For the QFX file, I select Export Transactions and seclect QFX and select the Airdrop option.

One thing I did forget to mention. Since the Savings account must be accessed through the Apple Credit Card wallet entry, the procedure for getting to the statement is a bit different–you first tap the Apple Savings button from the Apple Credit Card Wallet itme and then tap the circled ellipis in the upper right corner. You select Downloads and then Stalements from the dropdown and select the current statement. You can then select View PDF Statement or Export Transactions and proceed as above.

1 Like

My workflow (to get the transactions onto my Mac where I can drag-and-drop into Quicken) is: Wallet > Apple Card > Balance Details > Statements > (Tap the statement I want) > Export Transactions > Quicken Financial Exchange (QFX) > (AirDrop to my Mac). Maybe we’re accomplishing the same thing via different routes?

[Edit: I think I just said the same thing as @aforkosh at the same time. Sorry if it’s redundant.]

Yeah, I’m generally doing this when I’m not sitting at a Mac, so iCloud Drive is a better option for me. I get the notification that the statement is ready and just take care of it wherever I am.

It seems nuts to me that the only way to download a file to import into Quicken, a Mac app, is on the phone. Am I the only one?

Anyone have experience with opening an Apple Card/Account when buying a Mac? I was considering biting the bullet on the Mac Studio and saw I could just finance with 0% but read somewhere that they ding your credit score. Is this true? I’d rather not drop $3K right now, but can deal with $290/month for 12 months with no interest (no missed payments). Thanks.

That’s the current state, correct. Goldman Sachs (the bank behind Apple Card) is a bit behind the times in terms of their Consumer Banking division. One would hope direct download (like with, well, every other major bank) is up near the top of their to-do list.

1 Like

I agree! Thanks to everyone who chimed in, that’s what I thought but figured there was an easier way!

Diane

1 Like

I didn’t finance a Mac, but a while back I did an watch for my Mom (zero percent interest, why not). I noticed that they show the amount you financed as “used” credit. So say you were approved for a $5K credit limit and spent $3K on that new Mac, they’d show $3K of your limit being used and it would slowly decrease as you paid it off.

As long as you don’t miss payments the hit to your credit shouldn’t be too bad – mine was just a few points – but since my purchase was just a few hundred dollars I paid it off rather than have the amount drag on my score each month.

Apple Card is meant to be applied for on an iPhone and I think Apple is really leaning into that - you can use it on other iCloud synced devices, but you get it on the iPhone. Also, these days I’m just happy I can actually get a QFX or OFX file to import at all.

But, sure, it’d be great to have a web interface as well. It would save a few steps.

As for the credit score question, I currently have installments for an iPhone, MacBook Air, and Apple Watch Ultra and my credit score remains essentially the same.

1 Like

I apologize if this is a naive question, but since the current U.S. inflation rate is somewhere over 5 percent, wouldn’t it make sense to use Daily Cash to reduce the monthly Apple Card statement balance instead of parking it in a savings account where it is earning only 4.15 percent and therefore losing value over time?

David

If you are paying interest on your Apple Card balance, paying it off makes better sense than putting Daily Cash into the savings account. But if you have a 0% balance from purchasing Apple gear or you pay off the Apple Card balance every month it makes more sense to put it into savings.

Personally, I moved my Wells Fargo savings account that was paying 0.25% into Apple Savings. I don’t use the Apple Card for much, just App Store subscriptions, and I pay it off every month so I don’t pay any interest.

1 Like

If you open the Savings screen on your phone and then tap the “…” icon in the upper right corner, you can get to Account Details where the Routing and Account numbers are located. With those numbers you can direct deposits to your Savings account from another bank’s website or app without using your phone in the process.

From that same “…” icon, you can get to your Statements, which can be viewed as a PDF document or be exported in various standard export formats.