A couple things I will be looking for in the upcoming new versions will be a confidence level around:
• a gloriously, and quite magically Well-working and Durable keyboard
• a little more range in customizing the Touch Bar. I still don’t think Apple has added the completely logical component of a Eject touch when DVD drive is attached.
• I think Apple’s Backlight engineering has needed some correction for some years in MBPro.
It has been mostly gone under the radar, except in extreme faulty cases. I just looked at a dozen laptops I either use, or see in use at work. Seems each has some notable degree of backlight leakage that in the proverbial “perfect world” could call for an “oh, right, let’s fix that”
• I was pleased with Apple’s improvement in audio speakers, around the 2017 version I think it was.
Let’s maintain please
• I’d wish for a return to user serviceable upgradability, but we know that’s not going to happen …
Just starting a wishlist of expectations
Please feel free to advise, comment, merge …