Looking for clipboard manager recommendations

How about a nice FREE choice?

Clipy (free)

An advanced clipboard manager that will allow you to copy and store as many things as you like, and then export them in any order that you like. A branch of the gone, but much loved, ClipMenu.
Don’t let the Japanese on their home page scare you. This app is entirely in English.

1 Like

How secure is this? Do any clips go out to the web somewhere? I love ClipMenu because it did exactly what I need and still use it on my old MBP using High Sierra. Thanks for the link.

Still using ClipMenu on Big Sur - works well with no glitches.

How secure is this?

I’ve been recommending Clipy on my Free Macintosh Software Web site for a long time now:

http://www.macattorney.com/free.html

I’ve yet to hear from anyone who has noticed that, e.g. LittleSnitch, has reported that it is accessing the Internet.

You might also note that Clipy is an open source product:

One nice thing about open source software is that anyone (and presumably lots of people) can review the code and see exactly what it does. Thus ensuring transparency and security.

1 Like

Thank you Randy for your followup. I am so pleased to have my favorite clipboard back in a new incarnation. Will be my go-to and with confidence it is safe!

+1 for Clipy.

Frank, while it’s great that ClipMenu still works for you on Big Sur, the lack of active development since 2014 was a concern for our school district. This is one of the reasons that I switched our entire fleet of Macs from ClipMenu to Clipy. Like another poster (G. Douglas Eddy) said, I too am glad to have my favorite clipboard manager back in a new supported incarnation!

1 Like

Gary,

I wholeheartedly agree with not using older, unsupported software in such an environment. I can, however, muddle through until something breaks. I want to find out how long it still functions.

As an additional note on LaunchBar its clipboard manager allows concatenating clippings onto a clipboard. It’s activated (optionally) by pressing CMD-C twice in quick succession. It’s called ClipMerge in the Clipboard preference. That’s one of the most useful functions for me.

1 Like

I have been using Pastebot for a good while as well and agree it is great to use.
It isn’t free but it won’t break the bank
At one time I had disable it and used Keyboard Maestro. Pastebot is better hands down

1 Like

One disappointment with Clipy is that there is no option to option click a single clipped item to delete it without having to delete all the clippings. Sigh. Can’t have it all at that price lol

Old ‘ClipMenu’ still works well with Monterey.

iClip is excellent. ( www.iclipapp.com )