iPhone 2.4 or 5 GHz WiFi connection

Hi all,

I have my WiFi router setup to broadcast the same SSID on both 2.4 & 5 GHz. I’ve been having some issues with my iPhone connecting to my WiFi since I recently switched from an ASUS router to an AT&T router, and in an attempt to troubleshoot the issue, I’d like to determine if my iPhone is connecting to the 2.4 GHz band or 5 GHz band, but I’m not sure how to do this. On my Mac, it’s very easy, but the iPhone … not so much. Any ideas or app recommendations that will provide this info?

Thanks.

Have you seen if you can check from the router software? For example, I have an AmplifiHD WiFi mesh system set up. In the Amplifi app, I can get the connection information for each connected WiFi device.

Mine shows up in settings as connected to 2.4
I think I also don’t allow the 5 GHZ as I thought it was causing some interference.

David

@david_tuma, yours shows up in the settings of what? Where?

Ah, yes. That’s a good point, as it definitely does show on the router which band the iPhone is connected to.

What I’d really like to see on my iPhone is which band it’s attempting to connect to at the particular moment. The issue that I’m having is that the iPhone will connect to my WiFi, but it shows “No Internet Connection” for several minutes, before it corrects itself. I’d like to know if this is happening on the 2.4 or 5 GHz band, or both?

Tap settings then under Wi-Fi it shows what network it is connected to.

It also shows other connections available.

But that is basic stuff and you all are talking much more difficult things, so I’m probably not helping here.

David