iPhone 14 Quick Impressions: Good, but Just Another iPhone

An eSIM doesn’t mean you have to deal with your carrier. You can just transfer it from one iPhone to another whenever you want from the iPhone’s settings. See the section Transfer a physical SIM or eSIM on your previous iPhone to an eSIM on your new iPhone after setup:

2 Likes

:rofl: That document contains 4 mentions of “if your network supports it” as well as 8 mentions of “contact your provider”. Not to mention seamless transfer from one iPhone to another requires both iPhones already be on iOS 16. :laughing: You go ahead and tell yourself this is all awesome. Easy for you in the UK to say, you have options. We don’t, so excuse me for daring to openly state that I ain’t buying it.

1 Like

What did (do) people with Verizon and the former Sprint do? Those CDMA phone never used a SIM in the first place

The most important feature for me is the camera, I’m never satisfied with the camera because I know it can always be better, but I always upgrade if it involves an improved camera

My iPhone 7 from Sprint had a SIM card that I replaced a few months ago with one from T-Mobile, but I’ve since traded it for an iPhone 13mini.

Ever since LTE networking, all phones on both networks have used SIM. And now the CDMA network is almost gone - Verizon has scheduled shutting down the last CDMA tower by the end of 2022. The iPhone 14 models don’t even have CDMA radios.

2 Likes

Joanna Stern of the Wall Street Journal found some demolition derby drivers to test the crash detection. Cool video, as always, though it’s questionable as to whether it will detect a crash if you’re hit by someone else while stopped.

1 Like

Bad prevision !