iOS 14’s App Library: The FAQ

If you delete an entire page of apps, what happens to the icons which are actually bookmarks to a webpage and not really apps? I have a lot of those. Mostly I don’t use any of them but I don’t want to delete them all if I delete the page.

1 Like

Sue! So nice to see you here. (For those who don’t know, which will be most everyone, Sue and I worked together a lot back when she was at WebCrossing and we used it as our content management system for TidBITS.)

What iOS 14 actually provides when working with pages is the capability to hide them, not delete them. So if you have a page of apps you use when traveling, for instance, you could just hide it normally and reveal it only when on trips. Hiding a page doesn’t delete anything.

We’ve done a couple of articles on managing apps in bulk, and those sometimes do involve removing apps from the Home screen so they appear only in the App Library. I haven’t tested what would happen with website bookmark icons, but since you select apps individually with these techniques, it would be easy to skip the bookmarks.

1 Like