iOS 13.4.1 and iPadOS 13.4.1 Fix FaceTime Bug

Originally published at: https://tidbits.com/2020/04/07/ios-13-4-1-and-ipados-13-4-1-fix-facetime-bug/

Apple has released iOS 13.4.1 and iPadOS 13.4.1 to fix a few bugs left over from the recently released iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4.

A user on another forum has found that the Home app is misbehaving on his iPad after the update. He uses the iPad as a Home Hub.
I use an Apple TV as a Home Hub and the Home app seems to be OK except that sometimes the device icons state “No response”. However if I tap the icon it becomes responsive and the warning vanishes.

No security fixes specially mentioned, but my Fing app displayed this message:

Actually, if you check Apple security releases - Apple Support you will see the words “This update has no published CVE entries” which would indicate there were no security fixes, but there have been occasions for their to be a lag in publishing a few of such things before. I personally don’t believe they had time to integrate and test anything other than the faults identified, which were judged serious enough to rush bug fixes out.

Yesterday, my iPhone SE lost its WiFi capability. It has been a bit intermittent probably since the upgrade reached iOS 13, requiring frequent restarting of the iPhone and the router. For ages I thought the problem was the router or the signal from the telco mast, but now I realise everything else (MacBook, iPad, AppleTV) is working fine with the router.