iOS 12 vs. iPhone X

I have seen reports that iOS 12 causes problems with the display quality on an iPhone X.

Anyone seen this problem? I’m guessing 12.0.1 did not fix it. Perhaps 12.1?

Ira

Perhaps you could clarify the issue a bit. I ran the iOS 12 betas from the closed beta through to release on a X and saw no issues. 12.1 and 12.01 have not shown issues to me either.

f

No problems with iOS 12 and the iPhone X here, either in the beta or the release versions.

Here is what Google displayed…

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2018/09/22/apple-ios-12-problem-display-iphone-x-xs-ipad-upgrade/#5eecca81364d

Ira.

Well, what would you expect from two anti-Apple organizations, Google & Forbes? The Forbes article was just a bunch of FUD without any actual comparison photos of the exact same iPhone 10 running iOS 11, iOS 12 and iOS 12.0.1.

I wouldn’t stress about this. It is conceivable that Apple changed some default settings that will adjust the display colors slightly, but it’s not a glaring change that everyone is noticing. Plus, there are a lot of settings in Settings > General > Accessibility that let you change how things look in ways that may be better for your eyes. (I like Reduce Transparency and Increase Contrast, the latter of which has the effect of changing the bubble colors in Messages, for instance).