Intermittently sluggish Magic Mouse

Every now and again, at random, Magic Mouse (both 2022 and earlier version) has to be dragged half way across the desk for a reasonable movement on screen. Switch off, recharge, different mouse mat, fiddling with System Preferences, all tried. Recovers spontaneously. Has anyone got an explanation or fix?

Typically this is a Bluetooth problem. But you omitted information on your hardware and OS so any ā€˜solutionā€™ would be guesswork at best.

This is a long shot, but Iā€™ve had success cleaning the eye out.

Diane

Like Diane, I clean it by blowing on the eye

24" iMac M1 but also noticed with old 2009 iMac with most up-to-date MacOS.
Thanks for all the hints!

If you have USB 3 cables (whether the connector is type-A or type-C), see if you can move them so they do not come between your mouse and your Mac and are not near the mousing-area on your desk.

The frequencies used by USB 3 are known to interfere with Bluetooth over short distances.

2 Likes

Somewhat off-topic, but I have two different versions of the Magic Mouseā€¦ and Iā€™ve never figured out who has hands small enough to comfortably use that thing. (And my hands arenā€™t huge, only ā€œmediumā€ according to a glove chart.) I even saw something for sale on Amazon to stick onto the sides of it, to make it bigger. I often build or fix things myself, have thought about how I might do thatā€¦ has anybody here ever physically enlarged a Magic Mouse for ergonomic reasons?