If iPads Were Meant for Kids

I would add that at least some of these would be great to have on the iPad that my Mom, who has progressive dementia, uses.

If you review OurPact could you also review MobiCip? http://www.mobicip.com
Looks like MobiCip does more.

My grandkids are 5 and 7 and received used iPads last Christmas. Mom and Dad limit screentime by putting the iPads on top of the fridge. Also, many apps are disabled including Safari and Mail. They can text and that is so much fun. They can also FaceTime. When the 5-year-old learned to FaceTime we got a call from her at 5:45 A.M.!

The danger is that even though he’s only in first grade the 7-year-old can read and spell. I’m sure if he had access to Safari he would experiment by typing the word ‘poop’ to see what happens. (I don’t want to think where that would lead.) Better, easier parental controls are really needed. I’m going to talk to their Dad about using MobiCip.

@mbarr Sounds like MobiCip is at least worth a look to see how it compares with OurPact. It’s too much to try to review both in the same article, but the article could mention MobiCip and any other competitors in the intro.

A post was split to a new topic: Parental Controls on Macs and iOS devices