HomePod Software 15.1.1 Prevents Podcasts Problems

Originally published at: HomePod Software 15.1.1 Prevents Podcasts Problems - TidBITS

Getting an error when you try to play podcasts on your HomePod running HomePod Software 15.1? It’s not you, it’s a bug, and Apple has just released HomePod Software 15.1.1 to resolve it.

2 Likes

After the update my Apple TV 4K did not recognise the stereo Homepods. Fortunately it was fixed by restarting all devices (all are on 15.1.1).

I set up a friends ATV and Homepod Mini and updated them to 15.1.1. All seemed to work well, with the HM as default audio output until I tried to Airplay from my iPhone to the ATV. No sound.
Bizarrely the HM came to life if I used the AppleTV+ app on the iPhone & screen shared to the ATV. I read elsewhere that the 15 update caused Airplay problems so it looks like 15.1.1 has not fixed it. Frustrating!

The last time I had to do my HomePod stereo restart it made one of the HomePods into a brick.
Apple support checked out the speaker and told me I need to big a new one. It’s not their problem.
I ended up buying a second hand one and setup a new stereo link.
Everything worked okay until the 15.1.1 patch was installed.
The 15.1.1 HomePod patch broke the built in ambient sounds.