Help with iPhone 11

I am in need of help here. My wife’s iPhone 11 has taken a bad turn. She was listening to an audible program as she drove home this afternoon. The phone was on a charging cable connected to the car. Everything was fine. She arrived, opened the trunk so we could get the groceries, tossed her phone in her purse - and then discovered later when she took it out that it would not turn on. Nothing! Screen black and nothing else. I called her phone from mine and it rang once but no screen. Figured it was the battery so I put it on charge but no change - even calling still one ring then nothing else.

I tried to shut it down but, of course, not being able to see anything means not being able to move the slider if it ever appears so as to restart the phone.

Now my wife has this habit of never shutting the phone off when pocketing it or just leaving it around. I’ve warned her of the problem but … well you know. . .

ANY help will be appreciated - she is a major part of a massive program that provides thousands of meals to kids and families and her phone is the main contact. PLEASE help us out here. Thanks.

I’d try a forced restart. Press and quickly release the volume up button, the press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button to see if the phone restarts. If you see the Apple logo, you can let go of the side button.

1 Like

See also

2 Likes

Thank you both. Here is a duh for me!!

I reset it (thought I had but anger sometimes distorts thinking) and it WORKED gosh so nice to see!

It has restarted and I now have my own phone back (she notified all the folk that depended on her to go through my number). Not sure which is better - she has her phone or I now again have mine - naw the latter is best!

This is why Tidbits and the great folk out there through it are so great. Thank you again!!! :heart::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

5 Likes

BTW most important is Joanne was able to be in contact with the food program! They have provided a ton of meals since COVID hit - 150k in the first 6 months starting March 2020 and it has continued through even today although the start of school helped ease the load a bit. So getting that phone started again was important and I haven’t force restarted since our iPhone 6s lol. So appreciate the help!

3 Likes