Hearing aids and iPhone

Thanks for this tip about firmware updates. I’ll have to get her to check with the audiologist that she got them from.

Clarify one thing though, in your point #2 you said let the car forget the aids. I thought the car was pairing with the phone, and the phone was using the aids. Maybe I did something wrong when setting it up in the first place.

It’s been a while, but I think the order was: (1) phone originally paired with car, (2) later got Oticon hearing aids and paired them with the phone, (3) days later got in the car and realized when hearing the phone ring and answering, she didn’t hear the caller’s voice, and realized the phone was no longer paired to the car for phone calls. (4) Re-paired the phone to the car, and now she didn’t have the aids paired. And so on.

#2: Sorry, yes you are right- the car pairs with the phone not the aids.
I was confusing it with after the firmware update on the aids. You have to have the oticon app (via bluetooth) forget the aids- then pair again. Again sorry for the confusion.

Ok you can specify when call comes in if you want to car to answer and not the aids - Which in my case has the Paul checked (my aids) when a call comes. When the call comes I check the car on the menu when the call comes and have the car answer it and it should remember that when the car is on and a call comes in next time and the car will answer. That is if the phone is correctly paired with the car and synchonizing has taken place. You do see the phone and the phone book when you hit the phone button on the car- right?
Once you chose a menu item, in theory, for a call when it comes in and the car is checked- then it should hold that choice. At least with me it does. For instance, a little while ago I misplaced my phone for about 2 days- battery was completely flat. The next time I was in the car- a call came in and automatically went to my aids- which it shouldn’t. I had to recheck that menu item to the car- so it lost it’s default I set.(to the car).