Haptic Feedback when mousing to different monitor

Hello, everyone. A quick question: Has anyone come across away to enable some haptic feedback when cursoring from one monitor to another… maybe a tiny speedbump that can be tweaked on how much it stops or doesn’t stop you? I’d love to be able to adjust it depending on what I’m doing, so… sometimes it stops my cursor from going directly onto the next monitor, other times it just gives me a little “bump” to tell me I’ve crossed.

I’m on a MacBook Pro using the built-in trackpad. I’ve just added a simple 15.6" tablet-style portable monitor to my set-up and would love to have the facility I described above.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have!

And take care.

Jeff

Just checking in to see if anyone has any ideas on this. Anyone? Anything? Could it be that I’m the only person who ever wanted this? :sweat_smile:

Thanks.

Perhaps, yes. :slight_smile: I’ve used multiple monitors since 1990, and I’ve never had the thought that I wanted a virtual bump between them.

I do like how the Finder subtly snaps windows to the monitor edges now, which makes it a little easier to prevent windows from bleeding onto the other monitor by just a few pixels.

1 Like

Not to derail this thread, but are you aware of a modifier key I could hold to suppress that?

Quick testing shows that the Option key seems to do that.

Thank you, @ace. :slight_smile: Good to know.

Thanks, @ace. I guess I’ll just have to create it then!

That’s always the best answer! :slight_smile: I’d love to try it when you’re done—it’s entirely possible that you’re right and a tiny bit of haptic feedback would be useful. (Though I mostly use two monitors with an iMac and a Contour Designs RollerMouse Pro, not a trackpad.)