Got my tracking notice for my M1 Pro 14 inch!

Same here, went from processing to preparing to ship. Ordered a 14" Max 24gpu on the day they were announced. Still giving Nov 16-23 as eta but I’m hoping it might sneak in a bit earlier.

1 Like

If you backup both computers it’s more expensive, right? I’m actually not sure what I will be doing with my old computer yet (it won’t run Monterey). But it’s in fine shape though. Maybe have it around for emergencies? It sounds like perhaps inherit backup might work well for me. I’ll have to tell it about the new scratch volume location, and where my Photos library now is of course. Thanks.

Cool, a few hours after getting the ‘Preparing to Ship’ message I’ve just received an email (and text) saying it’s been shipped and due to arrive Nov 16.

I just checked and the shipping status was finally updated today saying it was at Haneda airport. No idea why it took 3 days from leaving Shanghai to get to Haneda. It still says it’s arriving tomorrow, so I hope so!

I think it’s because “leaving Shanghai” is not what we think it is. It doesn’t mean it’s on an aircraft that just went wheels-up out of PVG. In my case it meant it was sitting around for a day, then spent a day on a truck to Zheng Zhou, before sitting around there for another day until it was finally airborne en route to Seoul. I don’t recall if this is the usual backup getting just-launched MBPs out of China or if this is now part of the disturbed global supply chain because of, as overheard in New York a few months back, “the worldwide hygiene situation”. :wink:

Nope. Apparently this is a real issue.
https://www.reddit.com/r/macbookpro/comments/qjilou/ctrlcmd_tap_to_click_issue_on_14inch_macbook_pro/
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253301882
https://www.reddit.com/r/macbookpro/comments/qmim47/14_mbp_m1_pro_trackpad_not_registering_taps/

But this entire thread indicates it’s perhaps rather a Monterey bug than related to the new trackpad in these 2021 MBPs.

It appears taps tend to get missed when any key is simultaneously held (ctrl-tap, shift-tap).

I really hope this gets fixed in the next Monterey update. I realize even though I’m now trying to tap hard and firm, lots of times I’ll miss that the new tab I had wanted to open in the background never did. Then go back to the source (what was that again?), find the link again, etc. Talk about slowdown.

Quite interesting. I’ll have to try it out. The current trackpads are not truly clickable, like the one on my late 2013 MBP?

I usually use an Apple Magic Mouse. I find the “travel” is nicer. But sometimes I use the trackpad. And on travel I usually use it.

According to the tracker my new MBP should arrive… today!

And BackBlaze support gave me advice about whether to start afresh or use the Inherit Backup Status feature.

Just arrived!

1 Like

I’m using the migration assistant right now to transfer from my old MacBook Pro to my new MacBook Pro. I selected to transfer over my Wi-Fi. I wonder if I should’ve chosen my time machine drive instead. It also said I could connect my Mac, but I’m not sure how I would’ve connected it.

Anyway, it’s in the middle of calculating the volume sizes.

After my dog walk the Wi-Fi migration didn’t seem to progress at all, so I canceled it and started over with Time Machine. I can’t imagine that would take longer.

And there’s one obvious advantage to doing it this way. I get to continue using my old MBP during the migration.

Still a few hours to go. I’ll check it in the morning. 1.8 million files transferred so far at 85 MB/s from my WD hard drive via the nice little thunderbolt ethernet adapter cable with 3 USB ports build in I got.

I use a 30W MacBook Air charger to charge the 14”, works great and reduces overall system weight. It took 3.5 hours to go from 20% to full charge but I can live with that.

Completely unexpectedly, and 6 days ahead of schedule, I received a text from Apple today to expect a delivery. A few hours later and I’m typing this on my new MBP M1Max.

3 Likes

After sitting in Shanghai for almost 5 days…mine started moving again and went from Shanghai to Inchon to Anchorage to Louisville to Miami to Fort Myers in about 30 hours and is on the truck for delivery today. Apple still says tomorrow on the Store though…but UPS tracking is more accurate and updated.

I still don’t understand why it sat in Shanghai for 5 days and then went to Inchon…previous deliveries from Shanghai went to Anchorage and then onwards…but it really doesn’t matter.

Coming up on day four in the Hotel Cali…er, Shanghai for mine. Maybe they have to quarantine there? :slight_smile:

It was the same for mine. Took several days just to leave China. And once it did it wasn’t straight on to ANC as in the past, but via Seoul.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here: when they say “global supply chain disruption”—that’s what they’re talking about. :wink:

1 Like

Ooh, progress! I received the shipping box for my trade-in. :laughing:

Yeah…mine came on the second day in Shanghai jail for the new one.

And as I type Monterey .01 is installing. Yippee!!!

You appear to be correct. Just got this notice from FedEx: “Hi, JEFF FISCHER. Clearance issues have been resolved for your package from TECH-COM COMPUTER / AI. Shipment has been released for delivery.”

New date is Friday. We’ll see.