“Follow Up” idiocy

Who’s bright idea was it to add “Follow Up Suggestions” to iOS and iPadOS Mail? And the default was to Enable them? They look like regular mail (I was fooled twice today) except for a small box, you can reply to them like regular mail, but then they suddenly disappear? Asinine idiocy! And where were they being stored (I think I turned the evil thing off), and for how long?

1 Like

I saw something like that the other day, but wasn’t sure I found the guilty setting. The only thing suspicious I found was Notifications/Tracking Notifications was turned on. I disabled it, and have seen nothing since. What did you do to “turn the evil thing off?”

1 Like

There’s a switch to turn off “follow-up” under Mail in Settings.

1 Like

Yes, turned off Settings → Mail → Followup Suggestions

Sounded like a good one to try.

1 Like

Thanks, a likely suspect. What’s bothering me is I don’t remember the “suggestion” being related to Mail. It just popped up at a “WTF? I don’t have time to deal with this” moment, and I swiped it away. Can’t remember for certain what it was related to, but was thinking Messages, but maybe it was Mail. Anyway, turned it off, thank you, maybe that will be the end of it.

At least there’s a setting for this.

In other instances Apple is now aggressively pushing their own “services” into users’ faces with no options to get rid of it (of course apart from tossing Apple’s gear entirely).

There used to be a time when Apple made fun of companies who treated their own customers like that. No more I guess. Which I suppose is why we’re not even asked if we want their “services” shoved in our faces. Instead it’s now just “you peasants shall submit, go get a Samsung if you don’t like it, lolz@you”
:man_facepalming:

1 Like

You need to turn it off in each device separately.

macOS: Mail > Settings > General > Enable message follow up suggestions

iOS: Settings > Mail > Follow up suggestions

1 Like