Firefox 106

Originally published at: Firefox 106 - TidBITS

Introduces new Firefox View, new Colorways, and the capability to edit PDFs. (Free, 124 MB, macOS 10.12+)

In Firefox 106.0.3 (and perhaps all 106.0.x), private browsing window headers are in a dark mode. I cannot find a switch to use the Light color scheme. Any help? (I’m comfortable using about:config but don’t know where to look.) Thanks.

Change your theme (“Add-ons & themes” from the hamburger menu in the upper-right corner).

The default theme selects light vs. dark based on system settings and appears to always use dark for private browsing windows.

Other themes may not do this. For example the “MacOS Jaguar Pinstripe classic” theme I normally use (Mac OS X Jaguar Pinstripe classic – Get this Theme for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)) doesn’t.

Thanks, @Shamino; once again your advice was spot on.

I had set Settings > General > Language and Appearance > Website appearance to “Light” to no avail, but Add-ons & themes showed “System theme — auto” as enabled. I enabled the “Light” theme and that fixed the issue. (For some reason, in Settings > General, the text strings “Language and Appearance” and “Website appearance” have copying disabled. What was the programmer thinking?)