Are people still using Cocktail, Onyx, TinkerTool?

Onyx remains to be a useful tool, and on a few occasions has resolved problems like apps crashing on launch, corrupted cache (somewhere), etc. TinkerTool for just a few easy interface tweaks. I also used to run the long-gone command line utility AppleJack, which I still miss having in the troubleshooting toolbox.

1 Like

Very good to know. I was a regular Onyx user through Mt. Lion and El Capitan and stopped using it after I upgraded to Sierra. Now I’m using Mojave and downloaded a new Onyx out of habit, but was wondering if I really needed it. Will give it a try. Thanks!

Yes it does and seems to work well. About a year ago, I did a comparison test of the same app using the app’s uninstaller and App Cleaner and as far as I could tell, I ended up with the same result. I tend to use the uninstaller if there is one and AppCleaner if there isn’t one.

@m.hedley Thank you. That is very helpful. I also reinstalled AppCleaner and it works smoothly. Appreciate your response.

I just got an email from Micromat that TechTool 13.0.2 works with Intel BigSur (not yet for Apple Silicon).