Apple Releases Apple Fitness+, macOS 11.1 Big Sur, iOS 14.3, iPadOS 14.3, watchOS 7.2, and tvOS 14.3

Had to reset the SMC to fix the Security and Privacy password problem. I got touchID back so I don’t need to enter the password any more. (I also updated a iMac Pro with no problems so there was something specific to the MBP16.)

David

Quite enjoying the Fitness+ videos, jumped on the Apple One subscription, the top tier represents a savings for us. Gentle enough beginner material which suits me.

Put the Roku on another TV…

iOS 14.3 update complete. No joy. Still getting the two pop-ups when plugging in the iphone. I notice that the Finder iPhone page still shows iOS version 14.2 and the sync is stuck in step 4. This leads me to believe that the finder is not getting access to some files on the iPhone that it needs.

Updated the iPhone backup password. Manually backed up iPhone to iMAC disk. Sync now completes normally. Replugged the USB connection. Got the two error pop-ups again. Got message that the automatic sync could not be done as the previous sync had not completed (even though it appeared to have). Clicked the sync button and the sync seemed to complete normally.

Tried to cycle the USB cable again. Again 2 pop-ups then a different error " The iPhone "Bill’s iPhone cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-50).

I’m stumped, but something seems not right with iPhone to Finder integration.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Apple support advisor today after an hour 15 minutes on the phone elevated my case and was told it was a “known bug that several Apple employees had also experienced.” I can’t understand why lowest level advisors don’t seem to know about known bugs. I was advised to wait for the next big Sur update.

1 Like

Just came across another “feature” of Homepod 14.3 that is causing confusion/irritation.
An infinity icon :infinity: is for “play more like this”. When it is on (by default after installing 14.2 or 14.3) then music is played at random after the current selected playlist is finished. Several people have complained that they have set up music for their kids and then the feature started to play inappropriate songs for kids.
There is more about it here, including how to turn it off (I hope) via the iOS Home app (the Mac Home app does not seem to have this option):

1 Like

Updated both the iphone and Big Sur and my bug still happens when I plug in the phone. However, another bug I reported in Preview resolution stuck at 72 dpi on resize is fixed.

Well, upon further testing, the Preview 72 dpi bug is acting differently, but is still not fixed properly. I’m sticking with PhotoShop Elements for production image size manipulation for the time being even though it makes my process longer.