Apple News Survey Results: Regular Use or Not at All

I would be a lot more apt to use Apple News on a frequent basis if it were also available for the macOS. I don’t spend much time browsing and/or reading routine news on my smartphone…it’s used mainly for text, e-mail and calls of course.

What I do in a situation like this in Apple News is open one of the offering articles. If you look at the top, in the center there should be a tappable name of the site. Say it’s Fox News; tap that banner and it will bring you to all of their articles. On the top right there are icons with a heart and a heart with a slash. I tap the heart with the slash, confirm that I want to block the site, and that does seem to prevent articles from that site from ever showing up again.

1 Like

What I really need from Apple News is a way to create collections of news sources, and ideally, share them. RSS readers call these “folders,” but you know Apple hates folders.

And a Mac app, of course.

It appears the mistake that I am making, if you can call it that, is I want to “dislike” an entire news source, and you can only dislike individual articles.

(NM: I saw @ddmiller’s post after posting this, you can unheard an entire news source… off to go gallumphing through the feeds striking out the offenders!)

Apple News is a slow learner. I’ve found that if you keep disliking articles in a genre, it eventually catches on.

Marilyn

I use the App daily on an iPad and like having the wide-ranging coverage. But there’s no pinch-to-zoom in this App!? Huh? Often the text is faded grey or too small. Apple invented the device and pinch-to-zoom!! How about using it in this App?

10 posts were split to a new topic: iOS and the need for iTunes