Apple Likely to Announce New Macs and iPads at Brooklyn Event on 30 October 2018

It certainly was, the visionary Harvey Lichtenstein, an extraordinary man, transformed the dilapidated building, where the most significant event was a regular Kung Fu class, into what it has become.

Sigh. I remember when I was a nobody developer supporting some minor freeware and shareware apps, when out of the blue I got an invitation to fly to Cupertino at Apple’s expense to meet with Jean-Louis GassĂ©e because Apple felt it was important to keep in touch with grass-roots players in the Mac economy.

I once was invited to the WWDC keynote by Michael Mace, then a VP at Apple, because he was shocked I hadn’t been included. Unfortunately, it was last minute, and I was dealing with minor back injury, so I had to pass.

We have been included in press briefings with Phil Schiller at Macworld a few times, but for the most part, they weren’t terribly useful. At that level, though, the executives do speak more freely.