Apple Devices' Battery Life

MBP: I’m going to run this battery (now in my reserve unit) till it hits 1000 (latest TechTool Pro test puts it at 735) to see what happens.
6S: iOs v11.4.1 caused RUINOUS charging issues as the USB Restricted Access caused me to bin perfectly functional cables (One GENUINE Apple cable died completely!) and prevented charging AT ALL! Even with BlueTooth off it still burns nearly 50% battery overnight! Battery condition STILL at 86% according to iOS whilst TTP puts it at 85.1% (has been nearer 90%) and cycle count at 859; I’m gonna run this to 1000 as I have a local shop who’ll fit genuine Apple battery for £30.
Does anyone know of a testing App for iPhones 'cause I can’t find one? I’m pushing TTP to extend their facilities.

Watch for an announcement shortly.

-Al-

Still watching Al!
My iPhone is now VERY clever at discovering third party charging devices and ROMPS through a 100% charge MUCH faster since last iOS update. I had it plugged into a car charger and it WAS charging but was still using more electricity than the charger could deliver!!!

Check Settings->Battery to see what’s consuming power. My iPhone 8 was discharging much faster than usual in the last two weeks. Turns out an app I only use occasionally, “511PA”, which I used to check on the progress (or lack thereof) of some local construction was consuming 25% of the total power consumed. I nuked it and things are back to normal.

It shows that Phone is using more than 50% but I’m not using it much more than I usually do Paul!

It may be worth shutting down the Phone app (double tap Home, slide Phone up and away) and/or rebooting the phone, just to see what happens.

I left it charging yesterday evening and it didn’t charge although it WAS charging when I plugged it in! So I stayed up until it was 15% charged and then Turned it Off and it was dead this morning!! It’s taken 3hrs to get it to 37%!!!

What are you charging from – a wall socket, pocket charging device or from a computer? If not a wall socket, try that. And, make sure the charging transformer and cable are putting out the right voltage/amps.
David

Yes David I’m charging from the same 13A wall socket and Samsung adapter that I’ve used for years. Volts and Amps are difficult and dangerous (for shorting) to measure on a MagSafe connector!