Apple Communities has gone haywire

(mpainesyd) #1

Clicked on the Safari bookmark for my Apple Communities page this morning and got a 404 error - strange!
https://discussions.apple.com/people/Michael%20Paine?view=discussions
So I looked for other ways to find discussions that I have participated in. There doesn’t seem to be an easy way to do this. All I could do was search for my name, which is very inefficient.
Once again Apple has changed a fundamental feature for no apparent reason. Grrr!

(Mark Williamson) #2

All of my topic bookmarks also went awry:
"Looking for something in Apple Support Communities?
“The page you tried was not found. You may have used an outdated link or may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly.”
It used to be easy to recreate these links to simple tabulations of the topic contents by adding “/content” to the end of each topic’s normal URL, but that isn’t working now.

(Tom Gewecke) #3

The ASC has been massively revamped in the last couple days, and they are still fixing things that broke. But I understand that “/content” is gone for good, you have to edit the old bookmarks.

(Seth Anderson) #4

I haven’t had a need to explore this, but are all the old links to particular discussions now broken too? Seems like a bad idea to 404 detailed discussions on how to fix one’s own Mac issues.

(Curtis Wilcox) #5

Yes, always frustrating. I guess Apple hasn’t heard Cool URIs don’t change.