After macOS 14.6, Pages Can Not Find Templates

I recently updated to MacOS 14.6 and have had several problems. Most annoyingly, Pages claims that templates I stored in the Template Chooser (previously or since) cannot be “downloaded”. They also have a small iCloud icon on them. But I have never had iCloud turned on for my Intel iMac. I contacted Apple support and they had me go to iCloud on the web and confirmed that I had no files in iCloud. Internet searching revealed a folder where such files used to be stored but they weren’t there even when I went back in Time Machine so I think the location has been changed. I recreated one of my templates and stored it as a file first and then in the chooser and that template also cannot be opened from the chooser.

I also had to update to a newer version of ZinioWebReader to view my downloaded magazine issues which I had previously been able to read.

I’ve advised my roommate not to upgrade from Sonoma 14.5 until further notice.

Today I installed MacOS 14.6.1. I still cannot use the previously stored templates but now I can create new templates, store them in the Template Chooser, quit/relaunch Pages, and use them. I checked the folder where they are supposed to be stored and they are there but now instead of having the name I gave the template, it has a long random name.

Interesting. Perhaps it would be worth contacting Apple Support about the missing templates.

Thank you but I had already worked with Apple Support in trying to find out what was going on. Fortunately, I was able to recover all but one of the templates from Time Machine.

Sorry about that. I read your original note a bit too quickly.

No problem with Pages templates here after both updates but my Pages documents and templates are on iCloud - could that be the difference?