browser extension or app to sync

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

browser extension or app to sync

Tori Hernandez
Hello: Is there an app or extension out there that can sync all bookmarks across the board to all web browsers I am using - Safari, Chrome and Firefox

I know that I can export and import but that may be an archaic approach.

Thank you
Tori Hernandez
415 272 1944


PO Box 926 • Larkspur, ca • 94977
Apple Products Specialist • Troubleshooting, Training & Design



*. . . . . . .*. . . . . . *. . . . . . *. . . . . . .*. . . . . . *. . . . . . *
“Always do what you are afraid to do." 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The wind of anger blows out the lamp of intelligence.                
Anonymous

*. . . . . . .*. . . . . . *. . . . . . *. . . . . . .*. . . . . . *. . . . . . *






____________TidBITS Talk Participation Guidelines____________
Post only when you have something substantive to contribute.
Be polite and constructive, and comment on posts, not people.
Quote sparingly, if at all. We all read the previous message.
Start threads with a new message to [hidden email].
Read archives at: http://tidbits.com/pipermail/tidbits-talk/
Unsubscribe at: http://tidbits.com/mailman/options/tidbits-talk
____Mailing List Manners: http://tidbits.com/series/1141 ____
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: browser extension or app to sync

Doug Miller

On May 11, 2017, at 3:09 PM, Tori Hernandez <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello: Is there an app or extension out there that can sync all bookmarks across the board to all web browsers I am using - Safari, Chrome and Firefox

I haven't used it for a while myself, but xmarks does this.


--
Doug Miller



____________TidBITS Talk Participation Guidelines____________
Post only when you have something substantive to contribute.
Be polite and constructive, and comment on posts, not people.
Quote sparingly, if at all. We all read the previous message.
Start threads with a new message to [hidden email].
Read archives at: http://tidbits.com/pipermail/tidbits-talk/
Unsubscribe at: http://tidbits.com/mailman/options/tidbits-talk
____Mailing List Manners: http://tidbits.com/series/1141 ____
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: browser extension or app to sync

Ryoichi Morita-4
In reply to this post by Tori Hernandez
I used to use an app called URL Manager Pro a long time ago. It looks like it’s still available, but from what I’ve read, the development has pretty much stopped. 
http://www.url-manager.com/

There is also an app called BookMacster, but I’ve never tried it. 

Ryoichi Morita



____________TidBITS Talk Participation Guidelines____________
Post only when you have something substantive to contribute.
Be polite and constructive, and comment on posts, not people.
Quote sparingly, if at all. We all read the previous message.
Start threads with a new message to [hidden email].
Read archives at: http://tidbits.com/pipermail/tidbits-talk/
Unsubscribe at: http://tidbits.com/mailman/options/tidbits-talk
____Mailing List Manners: http://tidbits.com/series/1141 ____
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: browser extension or app to sync

Tori Hernandez
In reply to this post by Doug Miller
Hi Doug: I thought Xmarks is only to sync firefox from one mac to another or a device? Maybe someone here can elaborate. 
Thank you.


Tori Hernandez


On May 11, 2017, at 12:21 PM, Doug Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:


On May 11, 2017, at 3:09 PM, Tori Hernandez <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello: Is there an app or extension out there that can sync all bookmarks across the board to all web browsers I am using - Safari, Chrome and Firefox

I haven't used it for a while myself, but xmarks does this.


--
Doug Miller


____________TidBITS Talk Participation Guidelines____________
Post only when you have something substantive to contribute.
Be polite and constructive, and comment on posts, not people.
Quote sparingly, if at all. We all read the previous message.
Start threads with a new message to [hidden email].
Read archives at: http://tidbits.com/pipermail/tidbits-talk/
Unsubscribe at: http://tidbits.com/mailman/options/tidbits-talk
____Mailing List Manners: http://tidbits.com/series/1141 ____




____________TidBITS Talk Participation Guidelines____________
Post only when you have something substantive to contribute.
Be polite and constructive, and comment on posts, not people.
Quote sparingly, if at all. We all read the previous message.
Start threads with a new message to [hidden email].
Read archives at: http://tidbits.com/pipermail/tidbits-talk/
Unsubscribe at: http://tidbits.com/mailman/options/tidbits-talk
____Mailing List Manners: http://tidbits.com/series/1141 ____
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: browser extension or app to sync

Doug Miller
On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Tori Hernandez <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Doug: I thought Xmarks is only to sync firefox from one mac to another or
> a device? Maybe someone here can elaborate.
> Thank you.


No, it syncs between Safari, Chrome, and Firefox (and IE, if you use
Windows.) FWIW, I occasionally had issues with deleted bookmarks
showing back up again after a sync, but I was infrequently switching
between Chrome and FF on my old MacBook and it's possible it was just
because I hadn't used the other browser for a long time.

I did just download the Safari version, It hasn't been updated since
2014. But, I replaced all of my old XMarks bookmarks on their server
from what I had in Safari, installed on Firefox on the same computer,
and it loaded all of my bookmarks properly. I added a bookmark in
Firefox, and did a sync (it installs as a menu bar app on Mac OS for
Safari), and the new bookmark appeared in the right place on Safari.
So, it still works, as far as I can tell.

--
Doug


____________TidBITS Talk Participation Guidelines____________
Post only when you have something substantive to contribute.
Be polite and constructive, and comment on posts, not people.
Quote sparingly, if at all. We all read the previous message.
Start threads with a new message to [hidden email].
Read archives at: http://tidbits.com/pipermail/tidbits-talk/
Unsubscribe at: http://tidbits.com/mailman/options/tidbits-talk
____Mailing List Manners: http://tidbits.com/series/1141 ____
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: browser extension or app to sync

Ray Kloss
On May 11, 2017, at 3:11 PM, Doug Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Tori Hernandez <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Doug: I thought Xmarks is only to sync firefox from one mac to another or
a device? Maybe someone here can elaborate.
Thank you.

Have had BookMacster for a while and they have kept it up to date. Syncs Safari and has extensions to sync Chrome, FireFox and Opera. Has a very nice verify feature to check for old dead bookmarks.


A satisfied user.



____________TidBITS Talk Participation Guidelines____________
Post only when you have something substantive to contribute.
Be polite and constructive, and comment on posts, not people.
Quote sparingly, if at all. We all read the previous message.
Start threads with a new message to [hidden email].
Read archives at: http://tidbits.com/pipermail/tidbits-talk/
Unsubscribe at: http://tidbits.com/mailman/options/tidbits-talk
____Mailing List Manners: http://tidbits.com/series/1141 ____
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: browser extension or app to sync

Tori Hernandez
Thank you. I will check it out.

Tori Hernandez


On May 11, 2017, at 1:31 PM, Ray Kloss <[hidden email]> wrote:

On May 11, 2017, at 3:11 PM, Doug Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Tori Hernandez <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Doug: I thought Xmarks is only to sync firefox from one mac to another or
a device? Maybe someone here can elaborate.
Thank you.

Have had BookMacster for a while and they have kept it up to date. Syncs Safari and has extensions to sync Chrome, FireFox and Opera. Has a very nice verify feature to check for old dead bookmarks.


A satisfied user.


____________TidBITS Talk Participation Guidelines____________
Post only when you have something substantive to contribute.
Be polite and constructive, and comment on posts, not people.
Quote sparingly, if at all. We all read the previous message.
Start threads with a new message to [hidden email].
Read archives at: http://tidbits.com/pipermail/tidbits-talk/
Unsubscribe at: http://tidbits.com/mailman/options/tidbits-talk
____Mailing List Manners: http://tidbits.com/series/1141 ____




____________TidBITS Talk Participation Guidelines____________
Post only when you have something substantive to contribute.
Be polite and constructive, and comment on posts, not people.
Quote sparingly, if at all. We all read the previous message.
Start threads with a new message to [hidden email].
Read archives at: http://tidbits.com/pipermail/tidbits-talk/
Unsubscribe at: http://tidbits.com/mailman/options/tidbits-talk
____Mailing List Manners: http://tidbits.com/series/1141 ____
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: browser extension or app to sync

Fritz Mills
In reply to this post by Tori Hernandez

> On May 11, 2017, at 2:09 PM, Tori Hernandez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello: Is there an app or extension out there that can sync all bookmarks across the board to all web browsers I am using - Safari, Chrome and Firefox
>

Take a look at Pins

http://pinsapp.com






____________TidBITS Talk Participation Guidelines____________
Post only when you have something substantive to contribute.
Be polite and constructive, and comment on posts, not people.
Quote sparingly, if at all. We all read the previous message.
Start threads with a new message to [hidden email].
Read archives at: http://tidbits.com/pipermail/tidbits-talk/
Unsubscribe at: http://tidbits.com/mailman/options/tidbits-talk
____Mailing List Manners: http://tidbits.com/series/1141 ____