WLAN with iOS 11.1 and macOS 10.13.1 – password issue?
Recently, I read
TidBITS: Apple Has Already Patched the WPA2 KRACK Weakness in OS Betas
and installed the updates for iOS 11.1 and macOS 10.13.1 to all my macOS ans iOS devices as soon as they were released.
Maybe I better shouldn’t have…
Since the updates, all my devices have trouble connecting to my WLAN.
- DSL with router „Speedport“ from German Telekom.
- One of the router’s 4 ethernet ports connected to a LAN switch, into which all the ethernet cables from various rooms in the house are connected. The 3 other ethernet ports directly connected to 3 „Entertain“ set top boxes.
- Router’s internal WLAN only used for testing.
- 1 TimeCapsule and 3 AirPort Extreme bases connected via ethernet cables (one in every floor of the house). All in Bridge mode, providing the same WLAN name and password, using DHCP from my Telekom Speedport. All on firmware version 7.7.8 for many months.
- Several macs and printers connected via LAN.
- Several devices (iPhones, iPads, MacBooks, HP printer, Netatmo, Withings, inSight, … connected via WLAN.
That setting used to work perfectly before. When I came home with any of my portable devices, they automatically connected to my AirPort WLAN.
Now,sometimes they connect automatically, most times they don’t and repeatedly report „Wrong password“ when I select my AirPort WLAN manually.
That even happened with the WLAN provided by the router.
Everything connected to ethernet cable works fine.
- I suspected a keychain problem and erased all airport entries. I switched off keychain on iOS devices, without keeping keys.
- I re-started the Telekom router, the AirPort stations, all devices on WLAN.
- I disconnected everything from the router, except the AirPort bases.